Police Complaint Procedure
There are several ways in which you can file a complaint against a Minneapolis Police Department employee:
- Contact the Internal Affairs Unit during business hours at 612-673-3074 and speak with an investigator, who will explain the complaint process.
- Stop by the Internal Affairs Unit at Room 112 of City Hall during business hours and file your complaint in person.
- Visit any police precinct for more information, a complaint form, and a business reply envelope. Simply fill out form and drop it in the mail at no cost to you. An Internal Affairs investigator will contact you within five working days of receiving the form.
- Complete an online complaint form.
- Complete the Police Conduct Incident Report Form (pdf) and deliver it by mail or in person to any police precinct or the Internal Affairs Unit at Room 112 of City Hall.
- Contact the Internal Affairs Unit by e-mailing your concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Minneapolis Police Department is committed to providing the best possible service and is interested in your concerns. Please call the Internal Affairs Unit with any questions at 612-673-3074 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Last updated Nov. 25, 2013