Lost, Stolen and Found Property
Found Gun or other Weapon
DO NOT touch or move it.
Officers will examine the gun to determine if it was used in a crime.
Other Found Items
- Take the item to the nearest Minneapolis Police Precinct ( Precinct Finder) and turn it in to the desk officer.
- The officer will enter a report.
- Make a note/record of the case number.
- Found items go to the Property and Evidence Unit.
- We search our computer system for lost items.
- We notify owners when there is a match.
- We check periodically for matches to reported lost items. After 6 months of no matches the item is processed for our public auctions.
To check for your lost/stolen item
You can ask us to search our database for a recovered lost or stolen item:
Property & Evidence Unit
350 South 5 th Street, Room 33
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Phone: Monday through Saturday, 12:00 p.m. (Noon) - 10:30 p.m.
In-person: Monday through Friday, 12:00 p.m. (Noon) – 6:00 p.m.
Or e-mail a description of your item to [email protected].
Last updated Mar 20, 2019