Bicycle rapid response team (BRRT)
- We do special patrols and crowd management.
- Three full time officers, and more than 50 part-time riders, make up the team.
- We are based out of the First Precinct.
- We attend events throughout the city.
Mounted patrol unit
- Based out of the First Precinct, we serve the entire city.
- We help with crowd management.
- We are based out of the MPD’s Second Precinct.
- K-9 teams are assigned to each shift.
- We help MPD officers search buildings, track suspects and find narcotics and explosives.
The K-9 Unit
Mental health co-responder program
- Two MPD officers and two mental health professionals respond to calls about people having mental health crises or who need specialized care and response.
- Co-response teams provide secondary response to focus on the specific needs of individuals and connect them with special services.
Last updated Apr 23, 2019