Special Crimes Investigations Division
Units in this division include:
- Crimes Against Children
- Domestic Assault
- License Investigations
- Sex Crimes
- Traffic Investigations.
Crimes against children unit
- Crimes of neglect and/or endangerment of children
- Maltreatment of children
- Deprivation of parental rights
- Intra-familial sex abuse.
We work to break patterns of abuse and mistreatment and connect children to valuable social services.
Domestic assault unit
We work to
- reduce domestic violence
- strengthen families in the city
- hold people accountable for felony level domestic assault.
Licensing, Financial Crimes and Narcotics
This unit includes Auto Theft Prevention, Financial Crimes and Narcotics.
We are assigned:
- liquor licensing investigations
- youth alcohol compliance cases
- gambling investigations
- firearm permit processing
- pawn investigations
- problem properties cases
- animal crimes investigations.
Our Financial Crimes Unit investigates abuse of vulnerable adults.
- Investigates adult suspects for illegal selling, buying and possession of dangerous drugs or narcots.
- Works with the local Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Task force investigating federal narcotics cases.
- Works with the Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) Task on narcotics cases involving illegal firearms.
Sex crimes unit
We investigate sex crimes that include but are not limited to
- indecent conduct
We work with victims and social service agencies to support a victim-centered approach.
We also are responsible for
- predatory offender compliance
- investigations into missing and trafficked juveniles.
Learn more about Sex Offender Community Notification
Last updated Apr 25, 2019