Parklet User Survey - Tell Us What You Think!
Minneapolis Public Works is interested in hearing what you think about parklets! Please take our parklet user survey.
2018 Parklet Season Is Now Open
A parklet is a seasonal expansion of the existing sidewalk designed for the public to relax and enjoy the city.
Parklets are an innovative and cost effective way to add public gathering space to public streets. Parklets are streetscape enhancements and provide amenities like seating, plantings, bike parking and public art. While parklets are typically funded and maintained by neighboring businesses, residents or community organizations, they are publicly accessible and open to all. Parklets are located in the parking lane adjacent to the curb and are designed as an extension of the sidewalk. Advertising and other commercial activities are not permitted in the parklet.
Below are the 2018 Parklet Program locations:
Street Café Program
Street Café User Survey - Tell Us What You Think!
Minneapolis Public Works is interested in hearing what you think about street cafes! Please take the street café user survey.
Street Café Program
A street café is a seasonal expansion of the existing sidewalk to be used for additional restaurant or business seating.
Street cafés operate as an extension of a business, are located in the parking lane adjacent to the curb, and can be reserved for customer use only. In 2018, The Sheridan Room is hosting a street café on 13th Avenue NE.
The City of Minneapolis Parklet Application Manual is intended to guide applicants through the process and procedures for applying to install a parklet. It provides a comprehensive overview of the program, policies, procedures, criteria and guidelines for creating parklets in the City right-of-way.
Business owners, property owners, and other potential applicants are encouraged to read the manual prior to the application process.
Applicants must first submit online the Proposed Parklet Site: Confirmation of Eligibility Checklist (below), prior to application submittal. Once your Confirmation of Eligibility has been received, City Staff will contact you within a few days.
As part of the preliminary screening process the City will review proposed sites for:
- Potential conflict with upcoming street projects
- Traffic patterns
- Street regulations
- Roadway geometry
- Operational considerations
Following approval of the site based on the Confirmation of Eligibility, barring any street conflict, applicants will be invited to proceed to the full application stage.
Please read the Parklet Application Manual to familiarize yourself with program requirements and guidance prior to submitting your Confirmation of Eligibility.
Confirmation of Eligibility
LADOT People Street
Previous Parklet Seasons
2017 Parklet Locations
- 33rd Ave N and Lyndale Ave N, hosted by Serendripity Spot
- 3008 36th Ave S., hosted by Savory Bake House
- 37th St E and Nicollet Ave, hosted by Butter Bakery Café
- 115 N. 2nd St., sponsored by Hyde Development, hosted in partnership with VELO
- 3350 Lyndale Ave S, sponsored by CARAG, hosted in partnership with Vicinity Coffee
2016 Parklet Locations
- 1603 Chicago Ave S, hosted by Twin Cities Coffee & Deli
- 3733 Chicago Ave S, hosted by Smoke in the Pit BBQ and CANDO
- 4208 28th Ave S, hosted by Angry Catfish Bicycle + Coffee Bar
- 115 N 2nd St, sponsored by Hyde Development, hosted in partnership with VELO
- 913 W Lake St, sponsored by CARAG, hosted in partnership with Morrissey's Irish Pub
2015 Parklet Locations
- W 29th Street at Lyndale Ave S, hosted by Lime
- 3255 Bryant Ave S, hosted by Canteen & CARAG
- 2007 Emerson Ave N, hosted by Juxtaposition Arts
- 2422 Central Ave NE, hosted by Sen Yai Sen Lek
- 3016 Bloomington Ave S, hosted by Mercado Central
2014 Parklet Locations
General Questions: [email protected]
Parklet Program Staff
Kelsey Fogt, Public Works, Associate Transportation Planner. [email protected]
Street Café Program Staff
Grant Wilson, CPED. [email protected]
Last updated Jul 5, 2018