Report Abandoned Vehicle
According to City Ordinance §478.250, no vehicle shall remain on any street or highway in the city in excess of 72 consecutive hours.
Any vehicle lacking vital component parts shall be presumed abandoned and may be immediately removed and impounded.
- To report an abandoned vehicle, you must know:
- License plate number
- State that issued license plate (i.e. MN)
- Vehicle color
- Vehicle make
- An accurate address is vital! Please include a full address, including street, avenue, road, etc. and direction i.e. north, south, northeast, etc.
- Questions with an asterisk (*) are required.
- You must provide an email address.
- When you submit the form, you will receive an email confirming your request.
- The email will have the case number and an expected completion date for your request.
- Service Level Goal: Abandoned vehicle complaints may take up to 15 days to resolve.
- Resolution: When a report is received, a Traffic Control Agent will be sent out to determine whether the vehicle is in violation and chalk the vehicle’s tires, and then return in 72 hours to verify that the vehicle has not moved.
If abandoned, the vehicle owner may be fined up to $100 and the vehicle will be towed. The vehicle owner will be responsible for applicable towing and impound fees.
Last updated Sep 17, 2012