Parking Metered Spaces
The City of Minneapolis operates 6800 metered spaces located throughout the city.
- Metered spaces have varying time restrictions and rates.
- Time restrictions and rates are posted on each meter.
- Street signs with rates and restrictions are also posted for each block.
- Rates and restrictions can vary on different sides of the street.
You can pay Minneapolis parking meters two ways:
- Meters accept US quarters, Presidential, Susan B. Anthony and Sacajawea dollar coins.
- Credit Card use is available at many metered space locations.
Do not use pennies, nickels or dimes; it will not add time to the meter!
Metered Space Locations
Map of Parking Meter Locations (pdf)
Find where the metered spaces are in your expected destination. Use the color-coded key to learn time restrictions and rates.
Minneapolis’ Transportation and Parking Services Division is committed to providing professional, safe, and attractive parking services to all its customers.
Should you encounter a defective meter or have questions concerning meters please call 311 or report parking meter issues online.
Free Days for City Metered Spaces
Parking metered spaces are not enforced on the following days:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- President's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Day (and the day after Thanksgiving)
- Christmas Day
Note: Not all metered spaces in Minneapolis are operated by the City. Minneapolis Parks & Recreation, the University of Minnesota, and private organizations like Fairview/University Hospital operate their own meters and their holiday schedule may vary. Always read the information posted on the meter to be certain.
Last updated Jan. 17, 2012