Resources for Renters
If you need to find rental housing, visit the Housing Link website.
1. On the left side of the map click the box next to the number of bedrooms you need.
2. Under "Rent" click on "maximum" and select the amount you can afford for rent. For example, if you choose $700, this will show you available homes for $700 or less.
3. In the Google search bar at the bottom of the map type in an address that is close to where you want to live. Then click the blue "search" button. For example, if you want to see places close to where your kids go to school, type in the address of the school. The map will zoom into that area and show nearby openings.
4. Click on the orange "Show Listings" button at the bottom of the map to see a list of all the openings that match what you are looking for.
If you don’t want to use the map, click on the "tornado response" tab on the top of the map. Repeat steps 2 & 3. Then select the city you want to live in and click "show listings."
Free internet is available at:
611 Van White Memorial Blvd.
North Regional Library
1315 Lowry Ave. N.
Webber Park Library
4310 Webber Parkway
Minneapolis Urban League
2100 Plymouth Ave. N.
(612) 302-3100 9 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., M-Th
5001 Humbolt Ave. N.
12-8 M-Th, 12-6 Fri.
1615 Dowling Ave. N.
29th and Lyndale
12-9 M-Th, 12-7 Fri, 9-4 Sat, 12-5 Sun.
Last updated Apr. 10, 2012