City to host informational meetings on Downtown street resurfacing projects
The Department of Public Works is holding two public meetings later this month to provide information on a series of downtown street resurfacing projects that will take place in 2011. The projects will provide a new driving surface to five downtown streets that have experienced excessive deterioration and will restripe most of these streets with bike lanes.
Both public meetings will take place in the Doty Room of the Minneapolis Central Library, 300 Nicollet Mall:
Thursday, Jan. 27, 2011, 2 - 4 p.m.
(presentation is at 2:30 p.m.)
Monday, Jan. 31, 2011 6 – 7:30 p.m.
(presentation is at 6:30 p.m.)
Plans call for the resurfacing of approximately 4 miles of downtown streets starting in late summer. These streets include:
- 3rd Street South, from 1st Avenue to 11th Avenue South
- 6th Street South, from 1st Avenue to 13th Avenue South
- 7th Street South, from Hennepin Avenue to Chicago Avenue
- 4th Avenue South, from 10th Street South to Washington Avenue
- 5th Avenue South, from 10th Street South to Washington Avenue
For more information, go to the City's capital improvement projects website: 2011 Downtown Street Resurfacing.
Published Jan. 21, 2011