Act now if you need assistance paying past due natural gas bills

Low-income Minneapolis residents who need assistance with paying past due natural gas bills must contact CenterPoint Energy before the April 15 Minnesota Cold Weather Rule (CWR) protection deadline. Low Income Heating Assistance dollars are still available for qualified customers. After April 15, utility companies in Minnesota can disconnect service to customers who have not paid their utility bills.

To qualify for heating assistance dollars, customers behind on their bills must call CenterPoint Energy to discuss payment options and find out how to apply for energy assistance. Customers who receive energy assistance are automatically eligible for protection under the CWR, but they must establish a payment plan.

Call (612) 372-4680 for more information about energy assistance programs. Information is available on Minnesotas Cold Weather Rule, the new Gas Affordability Program for qualified low-income customers in Minnesota, the voluntary HeatShare program, and information for families of active military personnel. Just visit CenterPoint Energy’s Payment Assistance Programs site .

March 26, 2009

Published Mar 26, 2009