City’s new Web address is now live
The City of Minneapolis new Web address is now live. The new URL www.minneapolismn.gov — is shorter, easier to remember, and more secure than our previous URL (ci.minneapolis.mn.us) because only government entities can use the .gov URL.
Your new email address follows the old convention with the new URL following the @ symbol: firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the email address that people will now see when they receive an email from you or reply to one of your emails.
Help spread the word
To help spread the word about the change, please take a few minutes to change your email signature to include your email address using the City’s new URL. Here is an example:
City of Minneapolis
For tips on how to change your email signature, click on Today’s Tip in this newsletter.
If you have the Citys public website bookmarked as a favorite, you should also consider updating your bookmark to www.minneapolismn.gov.
Things to know about the change
Now that the new URL is live, here are few key things you should know:
- The old name ci.minneapolis.mn.us – will continue to work indefinitely.
- Your old email address will also continue to work. If someone sends you an email to your old email address, you will still receive that message.
- You do not need to throw away your business cards, department letterhead or anything with the old URL because it will continue to work. If you are producing new materials or are running out of business cards, please begin using the new www.minneapolismn.gov URL.
The Minneapolis City Council approved the new web name in November 2010, and since then the City’s Business Information Services (BIS) department has been working to ensure that all Web pages and email addresses would work properly once the conversion was implemented.
If you have a question about the conversion, feel free to contact:
- John McLain, BIS: email@example.com or ext. 2990
- Matt Lindstrom, Communications: firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 2148
Published Aug. 3, 2011