City earns its third wellness award
The City of Minneapolis was one of 81 worksites that earned a 2011 Wellness by Design Award from Hennepin County. This is the third Wellness by Design Award the City has earned.
The City was presented with a Silver award on June 23 in recognition of its wellness efforts during 2010, which included:
- Offering an employee subsidy for annual Nice Ride bike share subscriptions.
- Increasing healthy food options in some vending machines.
- Offering Health Fairs with onsite health screenings.
- Enabling worksite delivery of CSA farm shares.
- Providing discounts to several fitness centers as well as a fitness reimbursement program through Medica.
- Encouraging employees to take the health assessment and take advantage of online health programs through Medica.
- Conducting an Employee Wellness Survey to determine employees interest in future wellness programs.
- Promoting Medica’s online wellness programs.
Hennepin County’s Wellness by Design Worksite Award recognizes employers for finding unique and innovative ways to ensure healthy work environments and encourage healthy employee lifestyles. Award winners have enacted policy, made environmental changes and provided creative programming that provides employees with nutritional and physical activity choices and opportunities that can reduce the high rate of overweight and obesity, create healthier environments and reduce chronic disease.
July 6, 2011
Published Jul 6, 2011