Federations invited to participate in City’s charitable giving campaign
The City has extended an invitation to charitable federations to apply for permission to participate in Minneapolis' annual autumn charitable giving campaign.
To be considered for participation, the federation must be a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization that represents at least ten separate charitable agencies. This requirement enables employees to donate to an umbrella organization or pick one or more of the hundreds of separate charities these organizations represent.
In past years, these umbrella organizations have participated in the City’s campaign:
- Community Health Charities Minnesota.
- Community Shares of Minnesota.
- Greater Twin Cities United Way.
- Hennepin History Museum.
- Minnesota Environmental Fund.
- Open Your Heart to the Hungry and Homeless.
- United Arts Fund.
- United Negro College Fund.
July 6, 2011
Published Jul. 6, 2011