Customer Service training offered
The City offers a Customer Service series that was developed by and for City employees to help create a common citywide language to discuss customer service, educate our customers and create shared customer service expectations.
The series’ seven modules are:
- Building the Framework for Excellence (June 23, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.)
- The Five Factors of Service Excellence (June 23, 12:30 – 4 p.m.)
- Communicating for Success (June 30, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.)
- Communicating with Tact and Finesse (June 30, 12:30 – 4 p.m.)
- Diffusing Hostile Customers (July 6, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.)
- Identifying and Addressing Difficult Situations (July 6, 12:30 – 4 p.m.)
- Culturally Competent Customer Care (July 13, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Registration remains open and you can enroll in the entire four-day program or enroll only in the modules that most interest you. All classes are will be held in Room 101, City of Lakes building, 309 2nd Ave. S.
To enroll, log onto HRIS and then click on the Learning and Development link. Then enter "customer service" in the Search Catalog space. You can then enroll in the entire four-day program (recommended for employees who have regular contact with internal or external customers) or n one or more of the seven modules that most apply to your job.
For more information, visit the Customer Service series web page or call Jae Venekamp at extension 3620.
June 22, 2011
Published Jun 22, 2011