Licensing offices for Police, CPED relocating

The licensing offices for the Police Department and the Community Planning and Economic Development Department will temporarily relocate from the ground floor to the first floor of City Hall in the coming weeks as part of City Hall’s safety upgrade project. The move does not affect the office’s email addresses, phone numbers or fax numbers, which will remain the same.


The relocations are just the most recent round of moves in a multi-staged plan to install new fire alarm, smoke detection and sprinkler systems and upgrade City Hall’s heating, air conditioning and ventilation systems. The project began in 2000 and is being tackled in 23 stages through 2016. This relocation is part of stage 18. 

Watch for information on future office moves in Minneapolis Matters as the safety upgrade project continues.

Police Department Licensing moved to Room 103 April 15. Community Planning and Economic Development Licensing will move to Room 107 April 22.

Published Apr 15, 2014



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Minneapolis 14 Government TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo