The City Council has adopted the new vision, values, goals and strategic directions that will guide the City’s work for the next four years. Departments will use the new four-year goals, strategic directions and values to begin crafting their business plans.
City leaders set new goals every four years, resulting in clear priorities that provide long-term direction and clarify the core functions of City government. Residents gave feedback on the draft in February and March before the City Council officially adopted it.
The City Council approved the following five City goals:
- Living well: Minneapolis is safe and livable and has an active and connected way of life.
- One Minneapolis: Disparities are eliminated so all Minneapolis residents can participate and prosper.
- A hub of economic activity and innovation: Businesses – big and small – start, move, stay and grow here.
- Great places: Natural and built spaces work together and our environment is protected.
- A City that works: City government runs well and connects to the community it serves.
Published Apr 1, 2014