Retirement seminar outlines pension benefits, health care options
Enroll now for a free, City-sponsored seminar aimed at helping you prepare for retirement.
The two-part seminar is best for City employees who are within five years of retiring. You’ll learn information on retirement benefits, health insurance and financial management. Both sessions will be held in Room 101 of the City of Lakes building, 309 Second Ave. S.
Retirement seminar Part 1: 8:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Tuesday, April 8
- Retirement education
- City of Minneapolis – Employee benefits
- Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) pension benefits, coordination with Social Security
- Supplemental Medicare options
- MNsure health plan options for people under age 65
Retirement seminar Part 2: 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., Tuesday, April 15
- State of Minnesota – Deferred compensation
- Social Security benefits
- Financial planning and budgeting
Limited seats are available, so sign up promptly to guarantee a spot.
How to enroll
- Log into HRIS
- Click “Learning and Development” (left side of screen)
- Click “Search Catalog” and type “retirement”
- Click “Retirement Seminar” and then “View Details” to check for available seats
- Click “Enroll” and then “Submit Enrollment”
Spouses/partners are welcome to attend. Please notify Katie McGuire at 612-673-2095 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to reserve a seat for your spouse/partner.
Published Mar 5, 2014