A few dollars from each paycheck can make a big difference in our community

We’ve nearly reached the midpoint in the City’s Charitable Giving Campaign: our annual drive to raise funds for the organizations working to reduce homelessness, improve the environment, feed the hungry, find disease cures, help victims of violence and bolster the arts.

Before the campaign ends on Oct. 25, campaign organizers ask you to take a few minutes to make a one-time donation or sign up for a payroll deduction to the charity of your choice. Even a few dollars each paycheck will help make this a better community. Contributions do not automatically renew year to year — you must act each year if you wish to continue to give or change your designation.

Giving options

Campaign organizers want you to know that you have the option to donate to any charity you wish to support, even if it is not listed in the campaign materials. If you have a particular charity you’d like to support, your department coordinator can help you direct your donation to that organization.

If prefer to donate to an organization that supports multiple causes, simply select one or more of the campaign’s nine participating federations are:

Special event with food trucks at City Hall

This year you can grab lunch at a food truck right outside City Hall (Fourth St. side) and enjoy your lunch in the City Hall Rotunda while chatting with representatives from the organizations participating in the Charitable Campaign.

Tuesday, Oct. 22
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
City Hall Rotunda, 350 S. 5th St.

How to make a contribution:

Through a payroll deduction

  1. Log onto CityTalk and click on HRIS.
  2. Go to HRIS’s sign-in page and enter your User ID and password.
  3. Click on the Self Service tab and then go to Payroll and Compensation – Voluntary Deductions.
  4. Click on Add Deduction. (You have the option of choosing the deduction to be taken from only one paycheck or from each paycheck throughout 2014.)

By writing a check

If you prefer, you can write a check to the charity of your choice. Then give the check to your department’s Charitable Campaign coordinator so it can be forwarded to that organization.


Published Oct 16, 2013



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Minneapolis 14 Government TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo