Cold weather got you stuck indoors? Spend some time at the computer and earn gift cards
If our unseasonably long winter has you stuck indoors, why not spend some time earning gift cards and qualifying for the lower health insurance premium rate in 2014? Employees who earn 300 points by completing optional wellness program activities will qualify for the lower rate on their 2014 health coverage.
Three options to earn gift cards:
- Personal Health Profile – If you complete the short Personal Health Profile questionnaire, you’ll earn 100 points and a $20 gift card. To complete the health profile, log onto mymedica.com and click on the Health & Wellness tab.
- Health Topics and Goals – If you read eight health topics and set eight health goals, you will earn another 100 points and a $40 gift card from Medica. To access the health topics, log onto mymedica.com and click on the Health & Wellness tab.
- Health Coaching – You can contact health coaching for help achieving your health and wellness goals. Health coaching is available to any employee who asks to participate as well as employees who are invited to participate. Participants will receive 100 points after completing two phone calls with a coach. Participants will also receive a $75 gift card when they complete health coaching, typically a four to six month program. To begin coaching call 1-800-934-4824.
Once you have completed any these activities, you will receive an email directing you to Medica’s gift card redemption center where you can select a gift card from among nearly 300 stores and restaurants.
Additional ways to qualify for the lower 2014 insurance premium
To qualify for the lower 2014 insurance premium, employees must earn 300 points for completing a combination of qualifying health actions listed below by Aug. 31, 2013. Here are two other ways to earn wellness points:
- Biometric Screening – During your annual physical have your health provider check your blood glucose, total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides, blood pressure and body mass index. That action will earn you 100 points. To obtain the form you should take to your doctor’s office, visit http://www.minneapolismn.gov/www/groups/public/@hr/documents/webcontent/wcms1p-102872.pdf.
- Fit Choices by Medica – Work out at a participating fitness center eight times per month for at least four months between now and July 31, 2013, and you will earn 100 points. No additional paperwork is needed if you are already tracking your attendance to receive a discount of your monthly dues.
There are additional ways to earn points; however, these are directed to specific conditions or needs. To learn about these options, visit www.minneapolismn.gov/hr and click on the Health & Wellness tab.
Published Mar. 27, 2013