WageWorks is now the claims administrator for Flexible Spending Accounts

WageWorks is the claims administrator for employees’ Minneflex flexible spending (FSA) accounts. FSAs are optional accounts employees set up during open enrollment. These are “use it or lose-it” accounts — any money that is not used by the annual deadline is forfeited.

Activate your WageWorks card

If you enrolled in health care coverage during open enrollment, you should have received a WageWorks Health Care Card in the mail at home. To use your card to pay for eligible health care expenses, you must activate your card by calling 866-363-4128. (If you will be accessing your HRA/VEBA account in addition to your FSA account, you will also need to visit www.wageworks.com or call 855-428-0446 and change your account setting to "Spend It." If you will only be accessing your FSA account, you don’t need to change your account setting.)

Accessing 2013 Flexible Spending Accounts

Accessing 2012 Flexible Spending Accounts

WageWorks is now processing all remaining claims for reimbursement from your 2012 Flexible Spending Account. (You can no longer submit claims to last year’s claims administrator — Optum Health — even though you incurred the expense in 2012. If you submitted claims in early January they may have caught in the account transition. If you have any claims that were denied due to the account transition, you should resubmit the claim to WageWorks.) 

Need details?

Please read the Flexible Spending Account QuickStart Guide or the HRA/VEBA Quick Start Guide detailing how to access, use and manage your account.

Published Jan 30, 2013