September retirement seminar will outline pension benefits and health care options
Enrollment is now open for a free, City-sponsored seminar aimed at helping employees prepare for retirement. The two-part seminar will offer participants information on retirement benefits, health insurance and financial management. Both sessions will be held from 8:15 a.m. to noon in Room 101, City of Lakes building, 309 2nd Ave. S.
Retirement seminar part 1 - Wednesday, Sept. 12
· City of Minneapolis retiree health care benefits.
· Social Security and how it will integrate with other benefits.
· PERA (Public Employees Retirement Association) coordinated pension benefits.
Retirement seminar part 2 - Thursday, Sept. 20
· MNDCP (Minnesota Deferred Compensation Plan) benefits.
· Financial planning and budgeting.
How to enroll
Enrollment is limited, so be sure to sign up promptly. To enroll –
- Log onto HRIS
- Click on the “Learning and Development” link (left side of screen)
- Click on “Search Catalog” and type “retirement”
- Click on the “Retirement Seminar” link and then click on “View Details” to check for available seats
- Click on “Enroll” and then “Submit Enrollment.”
Spouses/partners are welcome to attend. Please notify Katie McGuire at (612) 673-2095 or [email protected] if you wish to reserve a seat for your spouse/partner.
Published Aug 29, 2012