Don’t miss opportunity to save money on health insurance premium
Summer is slipping away and so is the time remaining to qualify for savings on next year’s health insurance premiums. Be sure to finish the health assessment and all eight health topics by the deadline so you don’t find yourself regretting a lost opportunity to save money on next year’s health insurance premium.
Employees who complete the program by the Aug. 31, 2012 deadline will pay $360 less for single coverage or $1,200 less for family coverage in 2013 than employees who don’t complete the program.
To qualify* for the lower premium and earn gift cards, you must:
- Complete the personal health profile (health assessment). **
- Read eight health topics and set a goal at the end of each topic.
* NOTE: For most folks, completing these two steps by Aug. 31 are all that’s required to qualify for the lower premium. If, however, Medica invites you to participate in their health coaching program, you will need to have two phone conversations with a health coach by Aug. 31, 2012.
** NOTE: Even if you did a health assessment in 2011, you must complete a health assessment in 2012 to qualify for premium savings in 2013.
About the My Health Rewards Program
The My Health Rewards Program is a health and wellness program that encourages Medica members to increase their understanding of their health risks and strengths. Medica’s health assessment is administered by an independent contractor, and your individual answers are not shared with either Medica or the City of Minneapolis. The program has three elements.
- Personal health profile: Completing your health assessment takes about 10 minutes and asks basic health questions that are used to generate a personalized health profile. Once you have completed the assessment, you will earn a $20 gift card. So far, about 41 percent of employees have completed this step of the program.
- Health topics: The next step in the program requires that you read eight topics and write a personal goal related to that topic. You are not required to complete your goal — just set one. Your health assessment answers generate suggestions for health topics; however, you can choose to read any of 200 topics. Topics range from stress management to diabetes warning signs, finding the right doctor to staying on weight management goals while dining out. When you have completed eight health topics, you will earn a $40 gift card. So far, 28 percent of employees have completed all eight health topics.
- Health coaching: This segment of the program is required only of people who are invited by Medica to participate. However, anyone who wants to take advantage of this service is welcome to participate. Folks who have at least two phone conversations with a health coach will earn a $75 gift card.
How to begin
Sign onto www.mymedica.com and click on the Health and Wellness tab. If this is the first time you’re signing in this year, be sure to have your Medica ID card on hand in case you need to register. Once you’ve registered, simply follow the prompts to complete your health profile. Once you’ve completed your health profile, you can work on the health topics.
How to track your health topic progress
Folks who set health topic goals last year, will notice that Medica’s website has saved the goals you set last year. To verify that you’re completing eight new health topics and ensure you qualify for the lower premium rate in 2013, track your progress on Medica’s website. When you are in www.mymedica.com (under Health and Wellness tab), click on Progress to see a list of your Plan Year Progress.
Published Jul. 5, 2012