Five reasons to complete Medica’s My Health Rewards program
If you haven’t yet completed Medica’s My Health Rewards by Medica program, here are five reasons:
- It pays rewards now – gift cards! You’ll earn a $20 gift card for completing the Personal Health Profile and $40 for completing eight health topics and setting eight goals. If you complete the health coaching program, you can earn another $75 gift card. Medica’s gift card center allows you to select from a wide variety of merchants.
- It pays rewards next year – preferred premium! When you complete the Personal Health Profile and complete eight health topics and set eight goals by Aug. 31, 2012, your 2013 health insurance premiums will be lower ($360 per year for single coverage or $1,200 per year for family coverage) than if you do not complete the program. Please note: if you are invited to participate in health coaching, you must also complete two phone calls with a health coach to earn the lower premium. This applies ONLY to folks who receive an invitation to participate in health coaching.
- It’s fast! The Personal Health Profile takes 10-12 minutes to finish. Each health topic and goal setting takes 5-10 minutes to complete.
- It’s convenient! The Personal Health Profile and health topics/goals are available online by clicking the Health & Wellness tab on www.mymedica.com. To request a paper copy, call Medica Customer Service at 952-945-8000.
- It helps you improve your health! Learn about your personal health status and read health topics to help you improve your health. Talking with a health coach can support your efforts to reach your health and wellness goals. In the end, the biggest reward is better health!
To qualify* for the lower premium in 2013, you must complete the following by Aug. 31, 2012:
- Fill out the personal health profile (health assessment). Even if you did a health assessment in 2011, you must complete a health assessment in 2012 to qualify for premium savings in 2013.
- Read eight health topics and set a goal at the end of each topic.
* For most folks, completing these two steps by Aug. 31 are all that’s required to qualify for the lower premium. If, however, Medica invites you to participate in its health coaching program, you will need to have two phone conversations with a health coach by Aug. 31, 2012.
Published Jun 20, 2012