MyMedica users may need to re-register due to new group numbers
If you switched medical plan networks during open enrollment or you completed Medica’s wellness program in 2011, the group/policy number on your new 2012 Medica ID is different from your 2011 group/policy number. Because of the new number, you must re-register at MyMedica.com.
How to re-register:
- Log onto www.mymedica.com.
- Click on Register Now *. (Have your Medica ID card handy – you’ll need your ID and Group/Policy numbers.)
- When the registration information boxes appear, be sure to enter a NEW User Name — not the same User Name you used last year.
* If your group number has changed and you try to log onto mymedica.com with your old username and password, you will get a message that your coverage has expired. This is because you have a new group number.
A new group number also means you:
- Need to show your new Medica ID card at the doctor's office and pharmacy the first time you visit in 2012.
- Show your new Medica ID the first time you visit your health club if participate in the FitChoices health club reimbursement program.
Published Jan. 18, 2012