Be sure to print Dec. 30 pay stub to ensure you have 2011 tax information

Be sure to print a copy of your Dec. 30 electronic pay stub before Jan. 2, 2012 to ensure you have a record of important 2011 tax withholding and deduction information. Printing your paycheck is the only way to ensure you have 2011 tax withholding and deduction information. Information on your Dec. 30 electronic pay stub includes year-to-date union dues, vacation, sick time and charitable contributions.

You can print your Dec. 30 pay stub between Saturday, Dec. 24, 2011 and Monday, Jan. 2, 2012. After Jan. 2, your paycheck will reflect only 2012 withholding and deduction data, and you will no longer be able to retrieve 2011 tax withholding and deduction information.

Please note: Your Dec. 30 pay stub is NOT your W2 Tax Statement. W2 Tax statements will be mailed to all employees by Jan. 31, 2012.


To print a copy of your final 2011 pay stub for your records:

·         Log onto HRIS Self-Service between Dec. 24, 2011 and before the end of the day Jan. 2, 2012.

·         Access your pay advice for Dec. 30, 2011.

·         Print a copy or copies for your tax records (make sure your margins are set to .5” to ensure both sides of your pay advice will print).   

·         Be sure to log out of HRIS after viewing and printing your pay advice.

The end of the year is also a good time for you to:

Þ      Verify/update your home address and make any necessary updates by Jan 20, 2012. W2 forms will be processed and mailed to your home address before Jan. 31, 2012.

Þ      Verify that your name matches the name on your social security card to ensure that wages are posted properly with the Social Security Office and to avoid and potential fines. This is especially important if you changed your name during the year.

Þ      Submit a new 2012 W4 Form by Feb. 15, 2012 if you are currently filing "exempt status" and wish to remain exempt.

Be aware that:

Þ      You must complete a new W-4MN form if you:  Claim fewer Minnesota withholding allowances than your federal allowances, or claim more than 10 Minnesota withholding allowances, or want additional Minnesota withholding deducted from your pay each pay period, or claim to be exempt from federal withholding or claim to be exempt from Minnesota withholding.


For more information regarding State of Minnesota income tax, go to For more information about Federal income tax, go to

If you have any questions, please contact the payroll liaison assigned to your department.

Dec. 21, 2011


Published Dec 21, 2011



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Minneapolis 14 Government TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo