Join in Minneapolis Youth Violence Prevention Week events March 31-April 8
The City of Minneapolis joins a national public education effort by participating in Youth Violence Prevention Week. Activities and events March 31-April 8 will call attention to the issue of youth violence, identify strategies to combat this public health epidemic and promote the positive roles young people and adults can play in making their communities and schools safer.
Schedule of events
- Violence awareness barbecue hosted by Mad Dads
Noon-2 p.m. Saturday, March 31
Shiloh Temple International, 1201 W. Broadway Ave.
- Youth with tech hosted by Pan Asian Community Development
10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, March 31
The PLAY, 3300 Fifth St. NE
- Blankets against violence hosted by YMCA of Greater Twin Cities
5-9 p.m. Tuesday, April 3
Northside YMCA, 1711 W. Broadway Ave.
- Talking circle hosted by Restoration, Inc.
4-8 p.m. Tuesday, April 3
Room H1002, Minneapolis Community & Technical College, 1501 Hennepin Ave.
- Youth training on historical trauma hosted by Irreducible Grace Foundation and ReCAST
4-7 p.m. Tuesday, April 3
UROC, 2001 Plymouth Ave. N.
- Girls’ symposium hosted by the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board and the Minneapolis Health Department
1-3:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 4
North Commons, 1801 James Ave. N.
- Bridges to Manhood Conference
8 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursday, April 5
Minneapolis Community & Technical College, 1501 Hennepin Ave.
Hosted by the Minneapolis Health Department and Voices of Effective Change
- Natives against violence: the experience hosted by BUILD Leaders - AIOIC
1-4 p.m. Friday, April 6
Minneapolis American Indian Center, 1530 E. Franklin Ave.
- Community Mural Project hosted by Minnesota Indian Women's Resource Center
Noon-4 p.m. Friday, April 6
Minnesota Indian Women’s Resource Center, 2300 15th Ave. S
- Teen tournament hosted by Whittier Neighborhood Association
2-6 p.m. Friday, April 6
Whittier Park, 425 W. 26th St.
- YVP rally 2018 hosted by Voices of Effective Change and the Minneapolis Health Department
3-5 p.m. Saturday, April 7
Capri Theater, 2027 W. Broadway Ave.
- BUILD the 612 community event hosted by BUILD Leaders-EMERGE
Noon-2 p.m. Saturday, April 7
EMERGE, 1824 Emerson Ave. N.
- Three-on-three basketball tournament and barbecue hosted by Run and Shoot, and Mad Dads
10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, April 8
Farview Park, 621 29th Ave. N.
Onsite registration starts at 9 a.m.; first come, first served
- !Somos Lideres! Intervencion de Jovenes Latinos hosted by Comunidades Latinas Unidas en Servicios (CLUES)
1-4 p.m. Sunday, April 8
Sagrado Corazon de Jesus Church, 3817 Pleasant Ave. S.
Find the complete schedule of events and updated information here.
Published Mar 30, 2018