Save money on your property taxes, call to see if you qualify
A lot of Minneapolis property owners and renters could save money with state tax relief programs they might not know about. If you’re not already in a program for tax relief, check the lists below and call 311 to find out if you qualify for reduced property taxes or a refund this year.
Several property tax relief programs exist for property owners and renters.
Call 311 if you are a homeowner and any of these apply to you:
- Homeowner with household income less than $108,660.
- Blind homeowner.
- Disabled homeowner.
- Disabled veteran homeowner (70 percent or more disabled).
- Surviving spouse or primary caregiver of a disabled veteran (70 percent or more permanently disabled).
- Surviving spouse of a service member who died while on active duty.
- Homeowner 65 or older, household income $60,000 or less, owned and lived in the property 15 years or longer, no state or federal tax liens on property, debt cannot exceed 75 percent of assessor’s value.
- Homeowner with a property tax increase at least 12 percent ($100 or more) from the previous year.
Call 311 if you are a renter and this applies to you:
- Renter with 2016 household income less than $58,880.
If any of those apply to you, call 311 and an agent will help you find out if you qualify for property tax relief.
Published Feb 3, 2017