Christmas tree pickup and holiday light recycling

There are several ways to dispose of your tree and lights after the holidays.

Recycle lights

Recycle lights at or bring them to one of Hennepin County’s drop-off facilities.


The South Transfer Station does not accept trees or holiday lights.

What to do with it

Don’t know what to do with it? Check here.


Published Dec 23, 2016



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Minneapolis 14 Government TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo