Updates on street flooding
Updated Friday, June 20 at 11 a.m.:
All streets listed below are now open to traffic. The only remaining road closure is West River Parkway between Franklin and 13 Ave S. following Thursday night's mudslide caused by recent heavy rains.
More updates will be provided as information becomes available.
Updated Thursday at 5:15 p.m.
Significant flooding from heavy rains this morning is affecting parkways and streets across Minneapolis today. With up to three inches more rain in the forecast for this evening, some streets and intersections will stay closed until tomorrow morning.
The following streets and parkways will remain closed until tomorrow morning. Please avoid these areas and use alternate routes:
- Minnehaha Pkwy, 22nd Avenue to Bloomington Avenue (roadway and paths closed)
- Minnehaha Parkway, 15th Avenue to 10th Avenue (roadway and paths closed)
- Cedar Avenue, 47th Street to 50th Street (Including intersection with Minnehaha Parkway)
- 50th Street/Minnehaha Parkway to Taft Street (roadway closed/one path open)
- Lake Harriet (lower road only)
As more rains come this evening, there may be additional street closings due to flooding. Please watch for barricades and do not drive into any street covered with water.
Additionally, walking and bike paths near these areas and around water bodies such as lakes, creeks and rivers may also be affected by heavy rains. Please use caution.
If you see additional areas with localized flooding, report the flooding to 311.
Published Jun 19, 2014