Foreclosed? Eligible borrowers in federal settlement must submit claim form by Jan. 18

If your home was foreclosed in 2008-2011 and your mortgage loan was serviced by Wells Fargo, Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup or Ally/GMAC, you may be eligible for a financial payment. You must submit the national mortgage settlement claim form by Jan. 18 – or complete it online by the same deadline – to receive a payment. Eligible borrowers should have received claim forms in the mail in October 2012.

Rust Consulting, the national settlement administrator, and the Monitoring Committee expect to mail checks in May.

If you are an eligible borrower or think you may be, you may call the administrator (Rust Consulting) at 1-866-430-8358 or visit for more information. If you have questions on whether you are eligible for a payment or on how to fill out the claim form, call Rust Consulting at 1-866-430-8358. You may also call the Minnesota Attorney General’s Office at 651-296-3353 or 1-800-657-3787. If you want to be sure the settlement administrator has your current address, contact Rust Consulting at 1-866-430-8358 or by mail at National Mortgage Settlement Administrator, c/o Rust Consulting, Inc., P.O. Box 8043, Faribault, MN 55021-9443.

Be careful of mortgage settlement scams, and call Rust Consulting (1-866-430-8358) or the Minnesota Attorney General’s Office (651-296-3353) if you have questions.

For more information about the process and answers to frequently asked questions visit the Minnesota Attorney General’s Office website: You may also find more information at

Published Jan 18, 2013