Foreclosed? Eligible borrowers can receive payment in federal settlement  

If you lost your home to foreclosure in 2008-2011 and your mortgage was serviced by one of the nation’s five largest banks (Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Citi, Chase or GMAC/Ally), you may be eligible for a payment. Eligible borrowers may already have received a postcard in the mail that will be followed by a claim form between mid-September and mid-October 2012. Eligible borrowers must complete a claim form by January 18, 2013, to receive a payment. If you are an eligible borrower or think you may be, you may call the administrator (Rust Consulting) at 1-866-430-8358 or visit for more information.

Be careful of mortgage settlement scams and call Rust Consulting (1-866-430-8358) or the Minnesota Attorney General’s Office (651-296-3353) if you have questions.

If you have questions on whether you are eligible for a payment or on how to fill out the claim form, call the settlement administrator (Rust Consulting) at 1-866-430-8358. You may also call the Minnesota Attorney General’s Office at 651-296-3353 or 1-800-657-3787.

If you want to be sure the settlement administrator has your current address, contact the settlement administrator (Rust Consulting) by leaving a message at 1-866-430-8358 or by mail at National Mortgage Settlement Administrator, c/o Rust Consulting, Inc., P.O. Box 8043, Faribault, MN 55021-9443.

For more information, visit


Published Sep 18, 2012