Frey Transition Team – Transition Policy Task Force Report
May 18, 2018
The purpose was to collect community input and ideas from city residents on three categories of policy in Minneapolis. Community input was in the form of comments, questions and suggested solutions. These categories of policy had been identified as top priorities for Mayor-elect Frey.
- Affordable housing
- Economic inclusion
- Police community relations, safety and accountability
Public input was gathered through three formats.
- Online Submission: idea submission form hosted on jacobfrey.org, Dec 2017
- Social Media: Facebook live event, Dec 19 (discussion by moderators with real time response to comments)
- Community Engagement: consisted of facilitated group discussions at the following public forums in December 2017
- Community meeting at UROC, Dec 21 (Small group facilitated discussions and report to full group)
- Community meeting at Horn Towers, Dec 29 (Open mic comment; same group discussion and report to full group; meeting fully translated in Somali)
- Community meeting at Horn Towers, Dec 29 (Facilitated questions with open mic responses; meeting fully translated in Somali)
Read the full findings of the Mayor-Elect’s Transition team Policy Task Forces.
Published May 18, 2018