Community Planning & Economic Development

Business Licenses & Consumer Services
350 S. 5th Street, Room 1
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Phone: (612) 673-2080
Fax: (612) 673-3399

Alcohol Service

Minnesota state law prohibits the sale of alcoholic beverage to people under 21 years of age and to obviously intoxicated individuals. Selling alcoholic beverages to a person under the age of 21 or to an intoxicated person may result in the suspension or loss of the establishment’s license to sell alcoholic beverages.

Protecting your business involves developing a policy, creating an employee agreement, formal training and on-going training and tips regarding sales and service.

Last updated Dec 20, 2011