Apply for an alcohol license
for all alcohol licenses are on our website. Before you begin, look at the following.
1. Do you know what type of license
you would like?
2. Do you have a location in Minneapolis? The site must approved by Zoning
3. Do you meet applicant qualifications?
a. At least 21 years of age
b. No felony convictions in the past five years
c. Less than two alcohol-related misdemeanors in the past five years
4. Do you have legal and traceable funding
7. Have you thought about your menu? You need to provide a minimum number of entrees. A Health Inspector can help you with this.
8. Where are your customers going to park?
9. Have you sent a letter
to your Council Member and neighborhood organization?
Tips to help you succeed
1. Start early. It may take extra time to schedule inspections and get approvals from the other divisions.
2. Follow the application checklist. The first page of every license application packet lists everything we need. A complete application reduces delays.
3. Know the rules
. Before you sign a lease, ask if can be contingent on getting your license. Staff from Zoning
can tell you the type of business allowed at a location. You may need to give us a floor plan. You may need other permits
for building, plumbing or mechanical. For more information, call or visit the Minneapolis Development Review
For reasonable accommodations, or alternative formats, call or email 311. People who are deaf, or hard of hearing, can use a relay service to call 311 at 612- 673-3000. TTY users can call 612- 673-2157 or 612- 673-2626.
Para asistencia 612- 673-2700. Yog xav tau kev pab hu 612- 637-2800. Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated Mar 30, 2020