Apply for a Business License
Applications for all licenses are available on our website. Each application has a complete set of requirements. Before you begin, look at the following.
- Take your completed application to the Minneapolis Development Review Office. Parking is available.
- A License Inspector will review the application, inspect the premises, and contact you.
- If you have any questions, contact a License Inspector.
Tips to help you succeed
- Start early. Many divisions may need to complete inspections and approvals.
- Follow the checklist. The first page of every license application packet lists everything we need. If you fill out the entire application, this will reduce delays.
- Learn the rules. Before you sign a lease, ask if it can be contingent on getting your license. Zoning staff can tell you the types of businesses allowed at the location. You may need to give us a floor plan. You may also need other permits for building, plumbing or mechanical work. For more information, call or visit the Minneapolis Development Review Office.
Last updated Aug 22, 2019