Fix-It Tech Events
The next Fix-It Tech Event is set, thanks to the support of dedicated volunteers and community partners!
Saturday, July 30
10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Waite House/Pillsbury United Communities
2323 11th Ave S, Minneapolis MN 55404
A free community technology education event providing computer hardware repair, education and tech support.
Have a Computer Question or Issue?
- If your computer or laptop is slow, not working, or seems to have a virus, bring it in for free tech support!
- Our volunteers will teach valuable repair skills, answer questions, and give technical advice about your device.
Details & What to Bring:
- First come, first served. Labor is FREE. Volunteers can offer advice on purchasing parts online or at local repair stores
- Bring your laptop, and/or desktop tower and power cord.
- Volunteers will help with smartphones and tablets based on capacity.
Free Workshops and Resources
- Short sessions will cover basic computer maintenance and Internet safety. Pick up resources, learn about technology education programs and careers. More about Fix-It Tech Workshop topics.
Get involved: Fix-It Tech needs new Event Leaders to continue the program and identify sites and schedule for the future. Feel free to the Fix-It Tech core team to discuss opportunities. Also see Hennepin County's Fix-it Clinic website to volunteer to help with tech repairs or bring an item to be fixed.
Fix-It Tech Event Goals
Community education: offering hands-on technical experience that helps residents get their items fixed; provides a place to get tech questions answered and get tips on how to maintain and protect personal devices;
IT workforce development: IT students gain experience in tech support alongside IT professionals and connect with residents concerning their technology needs;
Raise awareness of technology programs: the event provides a venue to promote free digital literacy training resources, low cost computer and Internet options, local IT education programs, and IT careers.
IT is developing the Fix-It Tech events with community partners in response to the Minneapolis Community Technology survey results and our experiences working with residents on their technology needs. The 2014 survey results show that residents overall are not very comfortable troubleshooting computer problems, installing software or backing up files, or protecting themselves online.
Click this link for info & stories from previous Fix-It Events!
Our original partners in Fix-It Tech are TAKODA Institute - a Division of the American Indian OIC, and Little Earth of United Tribes.
Thanks to more partners, we have expanded with participation from:
RESOURCE - Minnesota Resource Center
We look forward to continuing Fix-It Tech events at a variety of locations in Minneapolis in 2016.
Contact Elise Ebhardt to get involved and to host an event.
Check out another repair resource by clicking the photo below.
Last updated Jul 29, 2016