Rental Property Owners Workshop (RPOW)
The City of Minneapolis provides a monthly comprehensive workshop for rental property owners and managers. The Rental Property Owners Workshop (RPOW) is presented by Housing Inspections and Police Department staff, and covers the City’s rental license ordinance, housing code, and neighborhood crime prevention resources. You can submit your proof of attendance from this course to receive a discount on your conversion fee or a reimbursement on conversion fee paid within two years.
RPOW is free to attend, and takes place at the Minneapolis Police Department's Third Precinct. Upcoming workshop dates are:
- Saturday, April 13 10:00am-1:00pm
- Wednesday, May 15 6:00-9:00pm
- Saturday, June 8 10:00am-1:00pm
- Wednesday, June 19 6:00-9:00pm
- Saturday, July 6 10:00am-1:00pm
- Wednesday, July 17 6:00-9:00pm
- Saturday, August 10 10:00am-1:00pm
- Wednesday, August 21 6:00-9:00pm
- Saturday, September 14 10:00am-1:00pm
- Wednesday, October 16 6:00-9:00pm
- Saturday, November 9 10:00am-1:00pm
- Wednesday, December 18 6:00-9:00pm
Register for a workshop via Google Form.
Other Rental Property Management Courses
In addition to the workshop offered by the City of Minneapolis, these three organizations offer approved rental property management courses:
- HOME Line - Training Designed for Landlords & Managers
- The Minnesota Multi Housing Association
- Online video training provided by Lutheran Social Services
Other courses will need supervisory review and approval.
Last updated Mar 25, 2019