Due to the Snow Emergency the December 5th Auction has been cancelled. It has been rescheduled for Thursday December 12th.
Public Auctions are conducted on the first Thursday of each month at the Impound Lot.
- Registration begins at 8:00 AM
- Inspection begins at 9:00 AM
- Auction begins at 10:30 AM
The City contracts with SellerUsa.com to auction impounded vehicles. SellerUsa.com is solely responsible for accuracy and appropriateness of information on its website.
View Auction Listing (SellerUsa.com)
Quick Facts about Auctions:
- Must be 18 years of age or older to attend auction
- Only persons with bidding numbers
($5.00 - non-refundable) will be admitted
- Minimum bid $10.00 unless specified
- Vehicles are sold as is with no guarantees
- Must pay for the vehicle in full the same day
- Cash, Pre-approved business checks, American Express, Visa or MasterCard accepted
See complete public auction rules (pdf) for more details.
License Plates and Vehicle Title
Vehicles sold at auction do not have license plates. The buyer will need to request a 21-day permit (temporary registration) to drive the vehicle out of the Impound Lot. Permits are available at the Impound Lot at no charge.
To get a title for the vehicle, you will need the Bill of Sale. It will be sent to you by mail in 1-2 weeks. The Bill of Sale allows you to apply for a title and new license plates at Driver and Vehicle Services.
The vehicle may require repairs, listed on the back of the Bill of Sale, in order to pass inspection. Driver and Vehicle Services requires salvaged or rebuilt vehicles to be inspected. The nearest inspection station is in St. Paul, visit Driver and Vehicle Services or call (651) 282-2173.
Last updated Dec. 5, 2013