Health Care Spending Account
Eligible Health Care Expenses
Generally, a health care spending account can be used to pay for health care expenses for yourself, your spouse or your eligible dependents if:
- The expense would be deductible by you on your federal income tax return if you paid the expense directly, and
- The expense is not paid by any other health plan or from some other source.
Despite the general rule stated above:
- An eligible expense does not include expenses for qualified long term care coverage or premiums paid for group or individual health plan coverage.
- Over-the-counter medications without a doctor's prescription are not be reimbursable. Over-the-counter medication may be reimbursed by submitting a doctor's prescription along with a receipt to WageWorks.To view a list of items typically covered please review the list of HRA Eligible Health Care Expenses.
Using Your Account
There are several ways to access your Minneflex health care account:
- Health Care Card. Participants in the health care spending accounts may choose to use debit cards to pay for health care expenses (this does not apply to dependent care expenses). You can also request a card for your dependent. The debit card does not, however, completely eliminate the need for documentation. It is important to save receipts so you can provide them in a timely manner if requested.
- Claim Form. To reimburse yourself from FSA health care spending account, submit a claim directly to WageWorks using the WageWorks Pay Me Back Form. Instructions for completing the claim are located on the first page of the form.
- WageWorks Online Account. Log on to your www.wageworks.com account to submit claims online.
Last updated Aug 28, 2013