Benefits Administration

Public Service Center
250 4th Street S., Room 100
Minneapolis, MN 55415
(612) 673-3333

Dependent Care Spending Account

Eligible Dependent Care Expenses

A dependent care spending account can be used to pay eligible expenses incurred for a qualifying dependent that enable you and your spouse, if you are married, to work.

A "qualifying dependent" includes:

The following expenses generally are eligible for reimbursement:

Minneflex dependent care claims can be sent directly to WageWorks using the WageWorks Pay Me Back Form - Dependent Care.  To view claims and balance information, you can view your account at

Eligible expenses are the same as those that qualify for the federal child and dependent care tax credit. However, you cannot claim the tax credit and use the spending account for the same dependent care expenses. For more information, review pages 8-9 of the City of Minneapolis Minneflex Summary Plan Description.

Last updated Aug 28, 2013