Health Club Discounts
City of Minneapolis employees are eligible for special membership rates at Life Time Fitness. These rates, below, are up to $30 per month less than Life Time Fitness’ standard rates:
- Individual Platinum Membership - $49.95 plus applicable tax
- Couple Platinum Membership - $89.90 plus applicable tax
- Family Platinum Membership - $119.85 plus applicable tax
The City of Minneapolis memberships entitle city employees to Platinum Membership privileges including access to all Life Time Fitness facilities except those at the Athletic membership level. At this time the clubs that are at the Athletic level are: Eden Prairie Athletic Club, Minneapolis Athletic Club and Minnetonka Athletic Club and LifeSpa.
If you are not yet a member of Life Time Fitness and would like to join under the City’s program, contact the Arena Club at (612) 486-3600. New members will also receive a discount on the enrollment fee. If you are a member of Life Time Fitness but are not currently part of the City’s membership plan, you can transfer your membership to this program by contacting the membership office at any Life Time Fitness club.
Employees who are currently part of the City’s membership program and wish to cancel their membership, can complete a cancellation form at any Life Time Fitness location. Please note that if you cancel your membership and it is part of the City of Minneapolis membership program, you will not be able to re-join at these rates.
City Employees are eligible for a 10% discount on membership rates at the following Snap Fitness locations:
- Commerce at the Crossing: 250 2nd Avenue South, Skyway level
- Thrivent Financial Building: 625 4th Avenue South, Skyway level
To take advantage of these special rates, stop by Snap Fitness or call them at (612) 338-3999.
CorePower Yoga’s CoreBenefits program provides discounted rates for City of Minneapolis employees. This program is designed to make yoga an affordable and convenient option. There are different packages that you can purchase to receive the discount:
1 Month Unlimited
Auto Pay membership - 1 Month Unlimited**
10 Pack Series - expires after 6 months
- employees pay this rate
- Automatically deducted from checking account each month
- take advantage of these rates, send an email from your City email address to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring your City id or paycheck to a CorePower Yoga location.
501Fit is a fully equipped fitness studio located in the heart of the Mill City Museum District. The club boasts no lines or waiting for equipment, awesome skyline views and an open and bright floor plan. The corporate plan includes:
- $39 monthly gym membership fee
- Discounted start up fee is only $39.00, regularly $99
- Free 30 minute fitness orientation or consultation with new gym membership
- Half off a single massage treatment with new gym membership
- Free towel service, locker room access and shower products
- Group strength class packages at affordable rates and 10% off on first training package
- FREE sample sessions
- FREE gym membership while enrolled in any Strength 345 Power Lunch G-Werx Strength Class
For more information, contact email@example.com or 612-767-4415.
Ivy Spa and Fitness Club, located in the Ivy Hotel, is offering City employees a special fitness club membership rate of $89 per month (regularly $109) with no enrollment and administration fee (regularly $300). This membership includes complete access to all the club’s facilities, along with complimentary fitness classes.
For a limited time, all City employees are eligible for a FREE one hour fitness assessment, which includes a trainer led workout.
In addition to the fitness club membership, Ivy Spa is offering all City employees a 10 percent discount on spa services Monday through Thursday.
For more information and to join, contact Joel Eshelman at 612-343-3131 or Kristins@ivyspaclub.com.
The Calhoun Beach Club, a full service athletic club located on the west side of Lake Calhoun, is offering employees a discount on its standard rate. The rates are $130 per month (regularly $150) for an individual membership and $191 per month (regularly $211) for a couple/family membership.
For more information or to join, contact Eric Darwitz at 612-928-7673 or by e-mail at Eric.firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA offers the following benefits to City of Minneapolis employees:
- Joining fee reduced from $150 to $50
- Towel service
- YBucks ($50 for single membership, $75 for family) upon joining to be used toward programs/lessons/camps.
Last updated Apr 25, 2013