2014 Health and Wellness Classes
Each class will be an hour long. Additional classes may be added, so check this page for the most updated list. To register for a class, sign into HRIS and search for the class. For instructions on how to search and register for a class, follow the steps starting on page 25 of the Employee Self Service User Guide (pdf). The classes listed below are the remaining options. Due to reporting deadlines, no additional classes will be scheduled.
Natural Energy Boosters
Here’s an opportunity to look at strategies to increase your energy and perk up your life. Participants will gain useful and accurate information regarding healthy eating practices. And, they’ll learn which snacks to reach for when a boost is needed.
- Tuesday, July 22 noon – 1:00 p.m. 319 City Hall - 350 South 5th Street (FULL)
- Tuesday, July 22 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. 319 City Hall - 350 South 5th Street (FULL)
- Tuesday, July 29 noon – 1:00 p.m. Currie Maintenance Center - 1200 Currie Avenue (FULL)
This class will teach you how to make smart and effective care choices and how to save on health care costs by avoiding unnecessary medical tests and procedures.
- Thursday, July 17 noon – 1:00 p.m. 319 City Hall - 350 S 5th Street (FULL)
- Thursday, July 31 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. 101 City of Lakes - 309 2nd Avenue South
The Basics of Bicycling for Transportation
This class will teach you bicycle commuting skills. Participants will learn tips about riding a bike as a vehicle, keeping safe, riding comfort and getting into and around Downtown.
- Thursday, July 24 noon - 1:00 p.m. 101 City of Lakes - 309 2nd Avenue South (FULL)
Stress Management 101
Here's a program that helps participants identify the stressors in their lives and understand their impact. Focus is placed on the use of positive coping mechanisms to reduce the negative effects of stress. Attendees have an opportunity to practice relaxation exercises.
- Monday, July 28 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. 101 City of Lakes - 309 2nd Avenue South
- Monday, July 28 2:30- 3:30 p.m. 101 City of Lakes - 309 2nd Avenue South
Last updated Jul 22, 2014