My Health Rewards by Medica®
We all need tools to do our best work, with the most basic of these being good health. The City of Minneapolis offers the My Health Rewards by Medica program to inspire, encourage and reward employees for exploring ways to achieve better health.
The 2015 My Health Rewards by Medica program will build on the 2014 program by providing a more personal, social and interactive experience that will inspire you to make positive changes in your life.
What's staying the same?
- Participants will complete health actions to earn program points. Different health actions will have different point values.
- The program will continue to feature popular health actions, including a personal health assessment, biometric screenings, health and wellness classes, flu shot reporting and fitness tracking.
- Employees who earn 300 points by August 31, 2015, will qualify for the preferred wellness premium contribution rate on their 2016 health insurance.
- Participants will earn a $20 gift card for every 100 points accrued up to a maximum of 500 points.
- The personal health assessment features graphics and interactive elements for a more personalized, engaging experience. Results and recommendations are provided immediately.
- Health topics and goals have been replaced with interactive health journeys that reward progress along the way and integrate with Facebook and Twitter so participants can share their journeys with others.
- Tracking is expanded to include nutrition and healthy living activities. In addition, tracking physical activity for program points can be done online or by syncing personal devices like Fitbit, Jawbone, FitBug, Garmin and others.
- The new Rewards page provides up-to-date information so it will be easy to check point status and rewards that have been earned.
- Some health actions, such as Health and Wellness classes will now be self-reported and information will no longer be up loaded by Medica.
Last updated Dec 4, 2014