My Health Rewards by Medica®
The City of Minneapolis wellness program – featuring My Health Rewards by Medica – is back. New for 2014, the program offers more ways to improve your health and earn the preferred wellness premium rate on your health insurance coverage in 2015.
Make a Point of Completing the Enhanced Wellness Program
When you earn 300 points for completing any combination of the health actions below by August 31, 2014, you will qualify for the wellness employee contribution rate on your health insurance coverage for the 2015 plan year. Pay attention to the points associated with each health action as they have changed from last year's program.
Get started today by going to mymedica.com and clicking the Health & Wellness tab. The first time you visit, you’ll be asked to complete the Personal Health Profile. After you do so, you’ll have access to your Personal Health Scorecard. The scorecard displays points you have earned and points you are eligible to earn in the future.
To earn points, complete health actions from the list below until you reach at least 300 points. Please start your health actions as soon as possible, as several of the programs can take weeks or months to complete.
Remember, all health actions are voluntary and confidential. You are not required to participate, even if you are invited to do so. Information you share in the course of completing your health actions is not provided to the City of Minneapolis and has no bearing on your Medica health coverage or benefits.
Please review the program information below. If you don’t find the answer to your question, call Medica Customer Service at 952-945-8000 or the City of Minneapolis Benefits Office at 612-673-3333.
All health actions must be completed between January 1 and August 31, 2014 unless otherwise noted below.
All employees are eligible to complete the following health actions:
- Personal Health Profile (100 points) - Evaluate your health and identify areas to work on. Complete a short assessment to earn program points and a $20 gift card from Medica. The assessment is available at mymedica.com. Those without computer access may request a paper copy by calling Medica at 952-945-8000.
- Health Topics and Goals (50 points) - Review eight health topics and set eight health goals to earn program points and a $40 gift card from Medica. Topics and goals are available online at mymedica.com or on paper if you also request a paper copy of the Personal Health Profile.
- Biometric Screening (100 points) - Learn about your health status by checking your body mass index, blood pressure, blood glucose, total cholesterol, HDL, LDL and triglycerides. Sign up for a worksite screening event or have your screening tests done at your doctor’s office. If your screening tests are performed at your doctor’s office, you’ll need to submit your lab results and a Health Action Notification form to receive program points. You can receive points by using this form to submit results for any biometric screenings you obtained between September 1, 2013, and August 31, 2014.
- New! Health and Wellness Classes (50 points) – Attend a class offered by the City of Minneapolis to learn more about an area that interests you and help you improve your health. There will be a variety of classes held at worksites across the City. View upcoming classes and choose the class works best for you.
- New! Zap Bike Commuting (50 points)- Bike to work or use Nice Ride 50 times by August 31, 2014. Bike trips are tracked using ZAP RFID technology. Visit the ZAP program learn about the program and how to register for it.
- New! Healthy Savings (25 points) - Use your Medica Healthy Savings card successfully five different times before August 31, 2014, to earn points while saving money on qualified healthier food items.
- New! Fitness Tracking (25 points) - Click the link on your scorecard to pledge that you have exercised at least 30 minutes, eight times in a month. When you have met that goal for three months you will receive 25 points. You must self-report your workouts during the month that they occurred. You may self-report your workouts at a fitness club that participates in the Fit ChoicesSM by Medica program, but those workouts will not be automatically added to your scorecard.
- New! Flu Shot (25 points) - Click the link on your scorecard to pledge that you received the flu vaccine during the most recent flu season, September 2013 - May 2014.
Employees who meet certain age and gender requirements will also see an option on their scorecards to earn points for receiving recommended cancer screenings:
- New! Preventive Cancer Screenings – Earn points for each type of preventive cancer screening – breast, cervical and colorectal – that is appropriate for your age and gender for which you are up-to-date as described below. If you are up-to-date on a screening test that you received prior to January 1, 2014, and it doesn't show automatically on your scorecard, you may submit a completed Health Action Notification form with supporting documentation to receive points. If you are having a screening test this year, please complete it before June 30 so the claim can process by August 31.
- Breast Cancer Screening (75 points) – Mammograms are recommended every two years for women age 40 and older. Female employees over age 40 may receive 75 points for each year that a mammogram is current in their claims history.
- Cervical Cancer Screening (75 points) – Pap tests are recommended every three years for women between the ages of 21 and 65. Female employees aged 21-65 may receive 75 points for each year that a Pap test is current in their claims history.
- Colorectal Screening (75 points) – Colorectal cancer screening tests are recommended on the schedule below for men and women age 50 and older. Ask your doctor to recommend the best test for you. Employees over age 50 may receive 75 points for each year they are up-to-date on one of the following tests:
- Colonoscopy – every ten years OR
- Sigmoidoscopy – every five years OR
- Fecal Occult Blood Test – every year
The health actions below may be added to your scorecard if you are invited by Medica to participate in either of these programs. You also may refer yourself to these programs by calling Medica at the numbers below:
- Health Coaching (100 points) – Complete two calls with a health coach by August 31, 2014, to earn 100 points. You must be invited or refer yourself to the program no later that June 30 in order to participate in the coaching program and to receive points. The entire program takes 4-6 months to complete. You’ll also receive a $75 gift card from Medica when you complete the entire coaching program. Call 1-866-905-7430 to get started.
- Tobacco Cessation Program (50 points) – Leave tobacco behind for good. Get telephone counseling and support, plus free nicotine replacement therapy to help you quit. When you complete the tobacco cessation program by August 31, 2014, you'll earn program points. Call 1-800-934-4824 by May 31 to enroll.
Some employees may be invited to participate in the following programs due to their individual circumstances. These programs are NOT available to everyone. You must be invited by Medica to participate:
- Healthy Pregnancy Program (50 points) – Get information and support for first-time and/or high-risk pregnancies.
- Treatment Decision Program (50 points) – Receive assistance in evaluating treatment options for selected conditions.
- Medication Management Therapy (50 points) – Get support from a specially trained pharmacist to ensure safe, effective, affordable medication therapy.
- Case Management (50 points) – Work with a nurse to better understand your complex health condition, review treatment options and communicate more effectively with your doctors.
New! Earn a Bonus HRA/VEBA Contribution
New this year, all employees are eligible to earn a $200 bonus HRA/VEBA contribution by going “above and beyond” in the My Health Rewards program. Here’s how:
- If you cover a spouse on your plan, you may earn the $200 bonus HRA/VEBA contribution if your spouse completes the Personal Health Profile by August 31, 2014.
- If you do NOT cover a spouse on your plan, you may earn the $200 bonus HRA/VEBA contribution when you earn MORE THAN 300 points on the My Health Rewards program by August 31, 2014.
Login Instructions – Get Started Earning Points Today!
If you have logged on to mymedica.com previously AND your Medica ID card shows the same group number you had in 2013:
- Visit mymedica.com.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on the Health & Wellness tab.
- The Personal Health Profile will load automatically.
If you have never logged on to mymedica.com before or your Medica ID card shows a new group number in 2014:
Note: You have a new group number for 2014 if you switched networks during the most recent open enrollment period or moved from the standard premium contribution rate to the wellness premium contribution rate or vice versa for the 2014 plan year.
- Visit mymedica.com.
- Click on the Register Now button located at the bottom of the site login box.
- Complete the registration. You will need your Medica ID card for this step.
- Once you are logged into mymedica.com, click on the Health & Wellness tab.
- Complete the account set-up process for the Health & Wellness page if prompted
- Once you are set up, the Personal Health Profile will load automatically. Click Start Now.
Log in any time to view the options or check your point status. Medica will mail you a paper copy of your scorecard in July.
Your health plan is committed to helping you achieve your best health. Rewards for participating in a wellness program are available to all employees; you might qualify to earn the same reward by different means. Contact Human Resources at 612-673-3333 or email@example.com and we will work with you (and, if you wish, your doctor) to find a wellness program with the same reward that is right for you in light of your health status.
Last updated Feb. 27, 2014