Open Enrollment for 2014
During the upcoming open enrollment period – Nov. 1–22 – employees will see changes in their 2014 health insurance plan. The changes take effect Jan. 1, 2014. Refer to the open enrollment overview for more information on the the medical plan, monthly premiums, and additional changes in 2014.
What is Open Enrollment?
Open Enrollment is the time of year when benefit-eligible participants can:
- Make changes to the medical plan election (including adding or removing dependents). Although there is only one plan design, employees need to select one of three Medica networks. Details about the medical plan and network options can be found on the medical insurance webpage.
- Add or remove dependents covered by the dental plan. The dental coverage remains the same in 2014.
- Make changes to your supplemental life insurance deduction method (pre-tax or after-tax) or decrease or waive this coverage. If you want to add optional life insurance or increase your optional life insurance level, complete the evidence of insurability packet.
- Set up a pre-tax flexible spending health care account to cover medical, dental, and vision expenses. There is a $100 minimum and a $2,500 maximum annual contribution limit for this account.
- Set up a pre-tax dependent care flexible spending account to cover the cost of child care or dependent care for a family member. There is a $100 minimum and $5,000 maximum annual contribution limit for this account.
How to enroll
Most employees will not receive a paper enrollment form and will need to enroll online through HRIS self-service between Nov. 1-22. The selections you make during Open Enrollment are effective January 1, 2014. Please complete Open Enrollment to make sure you are placed in the correct network and enrollment option.
Watch for more information
Enrollment guides containing information on options for the plan year that begins January 1, 2014 are mailed to homes the week of October 28, 2013. You also have the option of watching an online presentation that provides benefits information such as plan changes and monthly contribution rates.
Last updated Nov 21, 2013