Areas of Significance
Heritage Resources are determined significant if:
Local Register Designation Criteria (CHAPTER 599, ARTICLE V, 599.2210)
1. The property is associated with significant events or with periods that exemplify broad patterns of cultural, political, economic or social history.
2. The property is associated with the lives of significant persons or groups.
3. The property contains or is associated with distinctive elements of city identity.
4. The property embodies the distinctive characteristics of an architectural or engineering type or style, or method of construction.
5. The property exemplifies a landscape design or development pattern distinguished by innovation, rarity, uniqueness or quality of design or detail.
6. The property exemplifies works of master builders, engineers, designers, artists, craftsmen or architects.
7. The property has yielded, or may be likely to yield, information important in prehistory or history.
Last updated Sep. 27, 2011