Regulatory Services

Fine Schedule

Hearing Room Location

Minneapolis City Hall, Room 1A
350 South 5th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415

Contact Information

Administrative Hearings
250 South 4th Street, Room 400
Minneapolis, MN 55415

(612) 673-2306

Minneapolis311iconCall 311 for information about the City and City services.


Non-English Resources

Non-English Information, this icon shows text for espanol, hmoob and soomaaliga

Find services and City information translated in other languages.

Hearing Process

If a property owner, taxpayer, or rental contact wants to dispute an administrative citation or special assessment, they can file an appeal. An appeal may be mailed, emailed, or submitted in person at the Minneapolis Development Review counter. Citation hearings are set in a cycle, and a notice of hearing will be sent once the appeal is processed. Special assessment hearings have a predetermined hearing date noted in the notice of intent to assess letter. Respondents are afforded one (1) opportunity to reschedule either type of hearing, for any reason.

Administrative Hearings are presided over by administrative hearing officers. These individuals are attorneys in private practice, are not employees or representatives of the city, and have no personal interest in the outcome of the hearing. An opportunity is provided to ask questions of the City’s representatives, and Respondents are then able to present their side of the case. All testimony is given under oath. Photos and documents are admissible as evidence, but a copy should be provided for the file.

The program is designed for Respondents both represented by and not represented by attorneys. If you wish to bring an attorney to represent you, you should notify the City well in advance of the hearing date so that the City is able to bring an Assistant City Attorney.

For more information on Administrative Hearings, see Minneapolis Code of Ordinances, Chapter 2: Administrative Enforcement and Hearing Process.

Last updated Jun 26, 2019



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 

Regulatory Services  ©1997-2019 City of Minneapolis, MN


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Watch Minneapolis City Council TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo