Graffiti Removal Solvent
A free quart of graffiti removal solvent is available at all Minneapolis fire stations. It is recommended for removing graffiti from unpainted surfaces.
- Remove graffiti as soon as possible.
- Report the graffiti online or to Minneapolis 311. Homeowners and reporters of graffiti are encouraged to take photographs of the graffiti and email them to email@example.com
- The solvent works well on all surfaces, including stucco, natural brick and cement.
- When using on porous surfaces, such as brick or stucco, apply the solvent and let is soak, then agitate with a vinyl or wire brush and rinse with water. Best results are achieved when using a power washer to rinse solvent.
- Be careful when using the solvent on a painted surface, since it can remove the original paint. Best results on painted surfaces are achieved when removing small amounts of graffiti or graffiti from a marker.
- The City of Minneapolis has the right to abate graffiti without notice to the property owner.
Last updated Nov. 18, 2011