Minneapolis Fire Department
Fire Chief John Fruetel
The Minneapolis Fire Department has a proud history of providing emergency response to the city of Minneapolis. People who live, work, and play in Minneapolis receive superior emergency services from a diverse, highly skilled firefighting workforce that prides itself on serving the community and enriching the city. Minneapolis firefighters are trained to respond to structure fires, medical emergencies, emergencies on lakes and rivers, technical and hazardous materials crises, and natural disasters citywide.
The Minneapolis Fire Department is a customer service organization committed to providing professional emergency and non-emergency services to protect lives, property and the environment of our community and the region we serve.
News and Events
- Questions about current News and Events call If you are outside the Minneapolis city limits or are unable reach 311, call (612) 673-3000. TTY/TDD customers dial (612) 673-2157.
- Get the latest news through the City's social media sites
- 81 Minutes After The Bridge Collapse The newest Exhibit at the Firefighters Hall and Museum. This Exhibit documents the 35W Bridge Collapse in greater Detail. The exhibit is open to the public on Saturdays 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. At the Fire Museum 664 22nd Avenue Northeast Minneapolis, Minnesota 55418 Call 612-623-3817 for more information. [map]
- Federal Community Deveopment Block Grant: The Minneapolis Fire Department purchased new fire protection equipment and new fire engines with the support of $1.27 million of Federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding serving low- and moderate-income areas of the City.
Hazardous Materials Emergency Response
Fire Prevention Services and Information
- Holiday Cooking: Deep fried turkey fire safety
- Cooking Fires - Do you know what to do? Fire Safety Videos
- Recreational Fires Ordinance
- Recreational Fires Press Release
- B.B.Q. Grills
- Burning Restrictions (Statewide)
- Minneapolis Fire Station Locations
Fire Protection Systems Requirements, Fees, and Forms
Residential and Commercial Fire Inspection Information
- New Commercial Building Inspection Program - For More Information call 612-673-3271
- Tenants Rights In Minnesota
- Housing Self Inspection Brochure (pdf)
Emergency Medical Services
Community - Access - Response - Engagement - Safety
Last updated Nov. 26, 2013