The City of Minneapolis Procurement, a division of Finance and Property Services department, manages the purchases of products and services for city departments, Park Board and other boards associated with the city. It also includes the Contract Management Office responsible for the administration of city Contracts, Purchasing card program, Accounts Payable function and the Central Requisition & Receiving unit.
The following sections contain information about various ordinances, statutes and policies governing purchases in the city, contracting opportunities and related information.
Upcoming Contracting Opportunities
- View our Formal Bids
- View our Informal Bids
- View our Request for Proposals (RFP)
- View the Buyers and assigned categories
- View the Vendor registration process
Once you are awarded a bid or contract with the city, use this process to complete the registration process to become a vendor/supplier for the city. (Please note that this is not the Target Market Program enrollment form)
Notice to all suppliers
- Effective January 1, 2014, local governments will be exempt from paying State of Minnesota sales tax. These changes can be viewed at: http://www.revenue.state.mn.us/businesses/sut/factsheets/FS176.pdfEffective January 1, 2014, State of Minnesota requires vendors to obtain an ST-3 exemption certificate to substantiate a full (State & Local) sales tax exemption on sales to Minnesota cities, counties, and townships. Please see the form below:Certificate of Exemption (ST3 Form) (Revised: January, 2019)The City of Minneapolis has completed all of the necessary information on this form as the purchaser. Please complete any additional information on the form such as name and address of seller.By receipt of this ST-3 Form, you should provide the City of Minneapolis sales invoices exempt of State and City sales tax effective with any purchases made, or services occurring, on or after January 1, 2014.If you have any questions, please contact Jean Poppen in the Accounts Payable Department at 612 673-3264.
- Chapter 377 of the Minnesota Statues prohibits gifts from interested persons to local officials. "Local officials" includes any individual who purchases, advises or recommends on the purchase of goods and/or services.
Last updated Feb 5, 2019