Office of Emergency Management

25 37th Avenue NE
Minneapolis, MN 55421

Emergency Preparedness & Your Pet

Minneapolis Animal Care & Control (MACC) is prepared to respond in a disaster. You and your pet should be too. Here’s what you can do:

1. Microchip and license your pet: If you and your pet are separated, these identifiers could be crucial in reuniting you with your pet. Make sure the microchip number is registered and your contact information is current at MACC.

2. Make an emergency supply kit for your pet that includes:

3. Plan in advance what you will do in an emergency:



Last updated Aug 12, 2015



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

TTY relay service


facebook25x25 twitter25x25 youtube25x25 Minneapolis311icon logo tv 14 footer icon image linkedin_32x32